Wednesday, October 22, 2008

S2L Challenge 10/17-10/24 and a Halloween invitation

This week's challenge was to use polka dots or circles in your LO. I had no idea which LO it would end up on, but I knew I would easily be able to complete the challenge.

On Sunday I decided to complete another snow LO for my Utah Trip for Christmas 2006/New Years 2007 Album. I knew the pictures, I knew what I was going to use for the title and I knew that I was going to use a real photo scrapbook paper of trees with snow on them. But I didn't know what I was going to do for the actual LO or what I would use for the base paper. So I looked through my stash of embellishments, ribbons (I thought I had one that had snowflakes on it but I thought it was blue, turns out it was green with snowflakes on it. ARGH that wasn't going to work because my vision was for a powder blue background). So I continued looking and went to my DCWV Christmas stack pack. I found some paper that I really thought would look great in the end (not at all what I originally had envisioned!) and guess what??? The paper is polka dots...green! So guess what else, I get to use the green ribbon with snowflakes! I also got to use my cricut for the snowflakes. It was a trial and error as I wasn't really sure what size to use or how to get the size I wanted for the page. But in the end I think it turned out great!










Today I also made some Halloween invitations for our party on Friday (okay I know nothing like waiting until the last minute, but we just decided last Saturday and I did send some of them regular premade invitations to the people I didn't talk to). So for those I did talk to I decided to make my own! Once again I broke out the cricut and Design Studio! I made pumpkins and used Design Studio to weld the letters together for Halloween Party! I am very pleased with the outcome. Except I still need to learn somethings about shapes as I didn't feel like the pumpkins looked exactly right. Oh well, it still looks good I think! So here that is too!

4 comments:

Census said...

The layout turned out brilliantly!! It made me shiver just looking at it...that's lots of snow!!
Your invitations are cute and just the thing that for halloween..that pumpkin smile is great...makes a change from scarey!!
Great work!!

Tracy said...

Love the layout- just adorable!!!

And your invitations? Very cute! I like the pumpkin's grin! :)

Pam said...

Beautiful work!! The snow layout is adorable!!

Oh- and I love the way the invitation turned out- so cute!!

The Garbison family said...

Love that darling invitation!! As usual...U ROCK!!!