Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Love by ShelBelleScraps and another Speed Scrap

ShelBelleScraps is coming out with another freebie kit starting on Sunday called Mother's Love. It is such a beautiful kit. As soon as I saw it I decided I was going to use it to make a Mother's Day LO for myself!!! hehehe Well just so happens that I went to a Mother's Day Tea at my DS's school yesterday, so I decided to use this kit to scrap it.
Well, if you can't tell, I have become addicted to speed scraps! lol So I decided if possible, I was going to incorporate them all together. So here are the instructions:

STEP 1 - First grab this pink heart. I made this in PS, no need to credit. Also pick out 2 papers for your background, use them however you want.
STEP 2: Pick 4 more papers. Make a circle or square frame for your picture using one of the papers and cutout strips with the other papers.
STEP 3: Pick 1 picture to be placed in the middle of or somehow connected to the circle or square.
STEP 4: Place your paper strips behind your picture.
STEP 5 - Add staples to your frame and decorate page with elements of your choice.
STEP 6 - Journal. Use 1 letter alpha or more, somewhere on your page in the title or journal.
STEP 7 - Add something you like and tell what the last item was that you added in your last step when you post your layout.


So the last thing I added was the flower over the bow. Also so you know, the staples are not in the Mother's Love kit. I got them from the Dream Big kit by DDBN.

4 comments:

Scrappinaway said...

That is a great looking kit!! Love your little chicks on you blog!!

Alicia

Tracy said...

Oh, I LOVE this color combo!!! You did a fabulous job!!!

Pam said...

How pretty is that layout?!?! LOVE the way it turned out!!

Denice said...

You did a great job on the ss lo! I just love visiting your blog and seeing all your creativity....YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!!!!

The tea pic of Tye and you is wonderful, love all the smiles!