Sunday, May 3, 2009

Speed Scrap--National Scrapbook Day 050209

So as many of you know I have really wanted to do a speed scrap for awhile now and it just has never worked out. Well today was National Scrapbook Day and I was determined to participate in one! I did the one at Stuff to Scrap.

Here's how it works--you get 7 directions in 1 hour....a new direction every 10 minutes and then you have 1 extra hour to complete the LO.

Here are the directions:
Step 1: Choose 2 photos of the same person for the same person, same event.
STEP 2: Select 3 papers-1 pattern, 2 plain. Set the pattern as your BG and mat one photo with a plain paper
STEP 3: Using both plain papers, place them over the BG with out resizing too much. They should cover most of the BG.
STEP 4: Blend your 2nd photo on to your LO somewhere
STEP 5: Cut some sort of shape out of one of your papers
STEP 6: Embellish with 1 ribbon, one type of fastener and one other elements. (The element and fastener can be used as many tiems as you want, but not recolored)
STEP 7: Add a title and date and drop shadows.

The hardest part for me was which kit to use. And it was a good thing I learned how to do the blending last week or else I would have never been able to finish it!!!

I used the Island Dream kit by Beacon Scraps.
This was so much fun...a little stressful at first, but tons of fun and I hope to join in on another one very soon! :-)

6 comments:

Cherie said...

Your LO turned out fantastic Michele! I think I would have felt stressed too but you sure rose to the occasion. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Denice said...

Great job! Love the colors and the title!

I don't think I've ever heard of a speed scrap, but you did a great job with it!

Kay aka kdedid said...

That is cool Michelle. Love the blended photo! Kudos to you for accomplishing a dream.

Tracy said...

How cool is that page??? Way to go!!!

I think we should speed scrap using actual paper! Think it can be done?

Pam said...

So now you are not only great at making CT pages, but you're great at speed scrapping, too!! I bow to you...Oh great Scrappin' Queen!! WTG!!!

Kikkinkreations said...

Hey!

I have an award for you on my blog! Someone sent it to me for my blog and told me to pick three blogs that I love and I picked yours. . . . two reasons . . 1. You leave me the best comments on my blog and they often make my day and 2. I could only wish that I could get so many pages done and they are all so beautiful! So head over to my blog and pick up your award. Don't forget to pass it on to three favs!

Wendy
kikkinkreation.blogspot.com