Friday, March 26, 2010

Speed Scrap #115 at STS

I so love Speed Scraps! Have I ever told you that?! lol It is fun doing new things on a layout, or doing it a new way, getting different layouts and such. I also really love getting the participation prizes. Some are neat quickpages or brag books and others are entire kits! They all are great though!

So anyway, here are the instructions:
1. CHOOSE 2 PAPERS, 1 PLAIN AND 1 PATTERENED, AND ONE PICTURE. PLACE PLAIN PAPER ON BACKGROUNDS.
2. CUT 2ND paper INTO A 2X9 INCH STRIP AND PLACE IN UPPER LEFT OF PAPER. CROP PICTURE INTO A 4x4 SQUARE AND STROKE OR MATT PICTURE USING A COLOR FROM YOUR PAPERS AND PLACE SOMEWHERE ON THE PAPER STRIP.
3. ADD GREENERY(LOTS OF GREENERY) AND FLOWERS ALL THE WAY AROUND PICTURE, BETWEEN PICTURE AND STRIP OF PAPER.
4. ADD A FEW SWIRLY ELEMENTS: CAN BE RIBBONS, STRINGS, ANYTHING SWIRLY.
5. FIND A "GOTTA HAVE" ELEMENT AND PLACE NEAR UPPER CORNER AND LOWER CORNER OF PICTURE.
6. ADD AT LEAST A 3 WORD TITLE AND DATE.
7. ADD SHADOWS AND ANYTHING ELSE YOUR LAYOUT MAY NEED.

And here is my Layout! My sister will be happy as this will go in her pile of pages to be printed off (which reminds me I really gotta get an account created and get them all uploaded for her! lol)

Country Life by A Work in Progress with Add on by Sweet Blossom Designs.
Heart and Alpha from A Touch of Romance by A Work in Progress and Stacy's Scraps


I LOVE how it turned out! I love the quote I found, I love the layout with the picture highlighted! I just love it! Hope my sister does too (and everyone else! lol)

1 comment:

vanron said...

Hmmmm... looks so much better than mine!!! I guess I was not sure how to do it! great job and so different!!