Thursday, May 19, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gift 5/6/11

I loved the altered chipboard I made last year for Tye's teacher so I decided to make another one for his teacher this year. While my friend Carol was here visiting we went to a LSS and I found all this paper and stickers for first grade/teachers. So I used it to make the clipboard. I love how it turned out and she did too! You can click on the picture to see it better.
These are the flowers and the buttons and the ribbon at the top of the clipboard and it says "First Grade".

This is the ribbon at the bottom and the sticker that is a pencil holder and a small milk carton with a plant growing in it! SOOOOO adorable!

And then I went ahead and did the back too. I am not sure the "Miss" part stands out very well, but it is what it is. I wasn't sure what to do because she is getting married this summer, but I don't know what her married name will be so, I couldn't put it!!! lol

We gave it to her after school, so it was just us in the classroom.
She was super excited!

Tye had to examine it...he had not seen the final product.

It took us awhile but we were finally able to convince Tye to get his picture taken with Miss Paugh and her new clipboard.

Then, of course, Tye wanted to take our picture! lol

I went into the classroom the following Thursday and noticed she had it on her desk with some papers clipped to it and then the next day, Friday, she was using it during the reading groups and one of the kids asked her where she got it. So she told them and showed it to them. One of the girls said, "I want one!" lol Uhhhh nope! lol Anyway, I am glad she liked it. :-)

No comments: