Thursday, January 21, 2010

SS #96, MyLife Week3 and S2L Challenge 1/17-1/23

Last night I participated in a speed scrap at STS. Boy it was another challenging one! lol You had to use this template/collage thing and boy I struggled with it....getting the pics to fit and all that.

So here are the directions:

Step 1) Math, right off the bat. You need to select between 4-7 papers, and between 2-5 photos. Here’s the deal – the total number of papers plus photos must equal 9. So if you choose 4 papers – you need 5 photos. 6 papers – 3 photos. Get it? Select and place your background paper for starters.

Step 2) Go and download the file located here –Pull the .psd layers, .tif layers, or arrange the .pngs in a location of your choosing on your layout. Feel free to rotate, etc. Just keep the basic essence of the collage.

Step 3) Use 2 of your papers to create full-length strips that overlap in some way behind your collage. (Full-length means are 12” long if you do 12x12 layouts.)

Step 4) Clip your pictures and remaining papers to your collage. You’ll need a mat paper for the black background behind everything and then clip pictures or papers to the smaller parts of the collage in any way you’d like.

Step 5) Add a frame or frames to your collage in some way.

Step 6) Add a twirly ribbon, stitching (or additional ribbon if you don’t have stitching), flower(s), & brad(s) to your layout. (Anywhere)

Step 7) Add a date and title that are “small” (you can define small) somewhere on your layout. Shadow, add additional elements if you’d like, tweak, etc. and then upload to the gallery

So here is my LO from the directions.

So after that, I also decided to do a first page to go with it. And also complete the MyLife and S2L challenge for the week. Which coincidentally happened to be scrap about food! lol

So here is my LO for that! It is my 2nd attempt at making my grandmother's rolls. They are the BEST! in 2008 when we went home for Thanksgiving my aunt asked me and my mom separately what was the thing we wanted most for dinner and we both said ROLLS! So since Kevin's grandma had fallen the first of November, Kevin's mom went up there to help out. She decided not to come back until after Thanksgiving. So after trying to get my FIL to come over here for dinner and him telling me, "It's not Thanksgiving and a home without her here. I'm not having a dinner." We decided to do it on our own this year. So I made turkey, including stuffing with sausage in it (just like my aunt made), sweet potato casserole, green beans (not casserole), fresh cranberry sauce (just like my aunt made) and my grandma's rolls. I had several questions along the way about the cranberry sauce, stuffing and the rolls, so I kept calling my aunt. The first time I asked, "ummm, yes is this the Thanksgiving dinner hotline?" lol So after that each time I called she would answer the phone, "Thanksgiving dinner hotline how may I help you?!" lol Anyway, I made the rolls and while the first set was cooked just a tad too long, they turned out AWESOME!!!! So I had to scrap it. Sorry the recipe is a family secret and I am not allowed to share it, that is why the recipe is blurred out. The whole dinner was marvelous!
So after dinner Kevin and I took a plate over to Kevin's Dad and he ate it the next day. We got a call the next evening and Kevin answered and his dad asked who made the dinner. When Kevin told him I had made it he asked to speak to me. He said, "that was a great dinner Ma'am! Thank you for sharing it." For Christmas he asked that I make the cranberry sauce! lol So I did.

2 comments:

AmyR0618 said...

What is "MyLife"? Sounds interesting.

Staci L said...

You can call the thanksgiving hotline anytime! Glad it all turned out so great! The page is cute!