Saturday, September 25, 2010

New York, New York by Scraps N Pieces

Scraps N Pieces has another "city" kit out. This time they are focusing on New York! I was super excited because I have done NOTHING with the pictures we took when we went to NYC with my sister Laura, and her husband Marvin and then my other sister, Sally and her husband Max met us later on there. So I will show you a few pages but watch this spot for more! :-)

So back to the kit. Here is a full preview, there is stuff for the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, taxi cabs, Radio City Music Hall, Broadway, "the Big Apple". It is a great variety and hits just about every main tourist spot in the big city! :-) It is a definite must have for those that have ever been to NYC or are planning on going there any time soon! :-)

And here are my pages. Originally this was a one pager, but then I found some more pictures and scanned them in and used them. We were lucky enough to be able to go to Ground Zero on the 4th anniversary. It was crazy being there that day. I choose not to remember the RUDE people who were protesting things and focus on the real sites and sounds. The families were the and the names were being read of those that were lost. There were police officers and fire fighters who survived. There was one man in particular I will never forget, who was standing in a little "nook" in the fence just sobbing. Later we overheard him talking about how he was a fireman and had lost most of his friends that day. It was heart wrenching.

Sorry the pictures kindof stink since this was before digital cameras actually worked decently. I have a few digital pictures but most of them are regular 35mm pictures! lol

And this was of Kevin and I's adventure to the Empire State Building. I am going to toot my own horn here, but I love how I have cropped the picture I took from the bottom of the building up and used it as part of the background on this page! :-)

So like I said, if you are in need of a New York kit, this one is a great one to have! It is $2.50 for the first week and if you use coupon code SNPcsNYNY you can get the cardstock pack for just $1! So head on over the Stuff to Scrap to get this one for yourself! :-)

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Love your LO's! Beautiful photos too! :o)