Friday, August 21, 2009

2 Speed Scraps and S2L Challenge 8/17-8/23

YAY I have gotten several pages done this week. 2 are from my Weight Loss album, so as you know, I will not post those.

This week I participated in a speed scrap again. Here are the directions:
step 1: Pick 3 papers – 2 solid, 1 patterned. Use one of the solids as your background. Cut the other two so that they are about 8x10. Mat the patterned paper with the solid paper and place them onto your background paper. (So…your 2nd solid paper will need to be cut a bit bigger than the patterned). Also, place them off-centered from the background!
Step 2: Pick 3 pics and place them on your layout so that they are all touching each other
Step 3. Pick one ribbon and place it somewhere along the bottom of your layout (horizontal). (Can create ribbon with paper strips if needed)
Step 4. Pick a tag or journaling mat and place it on your layout by your pictures…but not touching them.
Step 5. Pick 2 different types of fasteners and use them anywhere on your layout.
Step 6. Pick at least 3 other elements and make a small cluster and place somewhere on your layout.
Step 7. Add journaling, drop shadows and finishing touches.

And my results:

Princess Kit by Jayden's Mamma, Pink paper from Bring on Spring by Vicki Parker, bling brads from Breakfast At Tiffany add on by Sweet Blossom Designs

Then tonight at my online crop everyone said they wanted to do a speed scrap so I found another one we could do. Here are those directions:
Step 1: Choose 1 photo where the subject is not looking at the camera, but is focused on an object/person/thing that is also in the picture.
Step 2: Choose 5 papers - at least one patterned to be used as your background, I will tell you what to do with the other's in the next step.
Step 3. Resize your remaining papers to 10-11 inches and cut a strip from each. 2 skinny strips and 2 slightly thicker
Step 4. Layer the strips behind your photo and frame your picture.
Step 5. Toss in a ribbon of some sort, as well as a staple. I'd also like a button and a tag of some kind
Step 6. Add a title, at least one word of the title needs to refer to the item/person/thing that the subject of your photo is looking at.
Step 7. Add a date, journaling if you'd like and any other embellishments

Here is my result!

Make Believe kit collab by Mel Hains, Color with Caryn, and Scrappyweiss Designs


Then also today I completed this for this week's S2L Challenge. Which was to use Stripes, or to use gray or to scrap 6 pics that were over 2 years old. I decided to use the gray one.


Interludes by Bon Scrapatit and Snowmoon's Designs

4 comments:

Pam said...

GORGEOUS!! I'm speechless- they're all great!

Denice said...

You did such a great job on all of these LO's...very impressive lady!

You girls make such great LO's during these SS! I promise I'll join all of you in the next couple of weeks!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! Fantastic layouts!!!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Awesome!!! So fun! I love them all!
Great job!
~K~