Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day kit by Shel Belle Scraps

Shel Belle Scraps has a mini Memorial Day kit for free on her blog this weekend only! On Tuesday it will go into the store. So hurry over to get the kit for free now while you can! lol

Here is a preview of the mini kit.

I used this kit during the speed scrap this afternoon. Here are the directions:
Step 1: Choose 4 papers – 1 or 2 of them patterned
Step 2: Choose 1 large picture and a frame for it.
Step 3: Use 2 of your papers as your background, layering them however you’d like. Cut one of the remaining papers into a 4 x 12 strip and place it on your layout going either horizontally or vertically across your page. Use your last paper any way you wish
Step 4: Place your photo on your layout and frame it – but your frame must be off-set from the photo (tilted, etc.)
Step 5: Add 1 ribbon somewhere near or on your 4 x 12 paper strip. Add 2 round elements of your choice (can be the same one duplicated or 2 different ones…your choice) & 3 other elements of your choice.
Step 6: Add stitching to tie your layout all together ( I did mine all around the outside edges).
Step 7: Add a big one word title, attaching it with a fastener of your choice. Add any finishing touches

And here is the LO I created based on the instructions.

Don't forget you can get the kit for free this weekend only! So hurry over to Shel Belle's blog to get it now!!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Great layout! I love red, white and blue- and your picture worked perfect for this layout!! WTG!!!

MiniCooper452 said...

So cute, Chele! I loved the frame so much I went over to ShelBelle's and grabbed it quick before it went into the store.....Now I think I'll use it to scrap more Kolten from the past weekend! hehehe......