First, on Thursday night I participated in a speed scrap at Stuff to Scrap. :-) Here are the instructions for this one:
Step 1: Find one photo to use in today's layout.
Step 2: Choose 5 coordinating papers. Use one as your background. PLace your photo on your page. It should take up about 1/3 of the page and should be off center to one side or the other. Then using your remaining 4 papers, cut one square or rectangle from each and place them behind your photo to create a matte. They can overlap and do not have to line up perfectly.
Step 3: PLace a ribbon behind your photo going across the page. (it can also be a strip of paper if you want)
Step 4: Add a cluster of embellishments to one corner of the page, then repeat it in the diagonal corner.
Step 5: Add stitching to secure the photo. It can be all around or just one side, two sides, whatever.
Step 6: Add your title (I used brackets around mine, you can too if you want), journaling, date, and drop shadows.
Step 7: Upload your layout to the gallery
And here is my result. This was our Easter picture and I just thought these colors worked perfectly with the colors of our clothes!

Oh the Possibilities by NitWit
On Friday, in between projects I decided to try to get some scrapping done. So I worked on the MyLife challenge at Stuff to Scrap for this week. The theme was scrap a picture or pictures that show some major facial expressions. I had pondered this one for a couple of days and then when I read the challenge again I immediately thought of these pictures. This was after we had been on vacation with Oma and Opa and Kevin's sister and her girls. He was having soooo much fun playing with all of them that he was soooooo upset to leave. He cried forever in the car!!!! Poor boy, he is so loving and emotional. I guess he is like his momma in that way. I hate saying goodbye when I know I won't see someone the next day or week and usually end up crying too. But he WAILS!!! lol
Sail Away by Shel Belle Scraps
Then I remembered I had downloaded a quickpage from Shel Belle's newest kit called Sail Away. One of the girls, Glenda, had made this AWESOME page for Ocean Drive. I begged her to make it into a quickpage since I knew exactly what picture I would use and she did! Thanks Glenda! So here is my result from her quickpage.
Quickpage by Glenda
Then this morning I participated in another Speed Scrap at Stuff to Scrap. Here are the instructions to this one:
Step 1: (FYI: This layout will use 2 pictures.) Choose 1 solid and 1 print piece of paper. Set the print as your background. Shrink the solid paper slightly and center it on top of your background. (You can tilt it or angle it if you like.)
Step 2: Choose any 2 straight ribbons, ric rac or paper strips and place them running down the center of your layout vertically. Once you have placed them there you can overlay and angle them.
Step 3: Place your two pictures running down the ribbons one right above the other. They can be tilted or overlapping. Choose a basic frame (or cut one out of paper) and duplicate it. Put one frame behind one picture and the other frame in front of the other picture. The frames should be slightly skewed so that you can see them.
Step 4: Now we are going to create your own word art. Choose a phrase that includes some detail about your layout. Now type out that phrase 10 times each time you will type it on a different line. Now adjust your lines so that the point where each line starts varies so that your text block doesn't line up neatly. Also If you can adjust the opacity of each line of text so that some lines look faded out and some lines look bolder. Once you have your word art created layer it under your pictures and ribbon cluster so that it pokes out to the side.
Step 5: Add your choice of 5 additional elements to the layout.
Step 6: Add a 1 word title using an alpha. If you need more words for your title add them under your alpha in a handwritten font.
Step 7: Upload your layout to the gallery
Step 1: (FYI: This layout will use 2 pictures.) Choose 1 solid and 1 print piece of paper. Set the print as your background. Shrink the solid paper slightly and center it on top of your background. (You can tilt it or angle it if you like.)
Step 2: Choose any 2 straight ribbons, ric rac or paper strips and place them running down the center of your layout vertically. Once you have placed them there you can overlay and angle them.
Step 3: Place your two pictures running down the ribbons one right above the other. They can be tilted or overlapping. Choose a basic frame (or cut one out of paper) and duplicate it. Put one frame behind one picture and the other frame in front of the other picture. The frames should be slightly skewed so that you can see them.
Step 4: Now we are going to create your own word art. Choose a phrase that includes some detail about your layout. Now type out that phrase 10 times each time you will type it on a different line. Now adjust your lines so that the point where each line starts varies so that your text block doesn't line up neatly. Also If you can adjust the opacity of each line of text so that some lines look faded out and some lines look bolder. Once you have your word art created layer it under your pictures and ribbon cluster so that it pokes out to the side.
Step 5: Add your choice of 5 additional elements to the layout.
Step 6: Add a 1 word title using an alpha. If you need more words for your title add them under your alpha in a handwritten font.
Step 7: Upload your layout to the gallery
And my layout.









1 comment:
You have been busy! All the LO's are great, but seriously..Tye's tears floating a boat is adorable. I love the saying.
Great job as usual!
Post a Comment