So in February and in March we had little project days during my Friday Scrapbooking chat. We call the Chat Room Projects. This is the project we created in February. It is called an Explosion box. Alicia showed us how to do it with instructions on her blog. You can find them
here if you would like to make one yourself. :-) We were told a bit about it before hand so I decided I was going to make one for our mother's for Mother's Day. So I set out making the first box. I ran in to some problems with the lid on it. I realized you have to almost score it just slightly outside the recommended score line. So once I figured that out and redid the lid, it worked like a charm! :-) Here is the finished project, which I just completed yesterday with the pictures and ribbon and flower. The other part has been done for quite some time. This is the one I made for Kevin's mom.


Then I got thinking more about it and thought what a pain it was going to be to make and mail this same explosion box to my mom. But I was still going to do it. Well then came the March Chat Room project and Tracy taught us how to do a mini album. So once I started putting it together I realized it was going to be perfect for my mom. And meet all the criteria of being smaller and easier to mail! lol This is what it looked like before the pictures were added. I forgot to take pictures of it after it was done, but I was in such a rush to get it mailed so it would arrive before Mother's Day.
3 comments:
You did a great job on the explosion box, and the smile on your mil's face is proof enough! Wow, does she ever look surprised! :D
Great job! The box is gorgeous and the album is adorable! The card is great... and you can tell your MIL loved her gift! YAY!!! =)
I so love the look on your MIL's face. What a priceless photo. I think she loved the gift. That album finished up cute too. Still have to finish mine!
Post a Comment